Author Topic: Oak Glen Fire  (Read 1409 times)

Potus Bigly

• is a non-stop talker
Re: Oak Glen Fire
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 03:04:24 pm »
Well, he had evacuated, so maybe once it dries, it's harder. I do know that they once chek'd the highway and it stayed pink for several months as it washed/wore off.

Yes, harder when it dries but you have to get it wet and keep it wet for at least 20 minutes and of course a pressure washer then takes it off easier than just a hose.
 My truck got a pretty good dose of it in the slide fire but it rinsed right off because I did it while it was still wet.
 I have some really good footage of The Slide Fire, VLATs etc. flew right over me at treetop.
During The Old Fire I was knocked down in my driveway from a slosh that hit me from a helo bucket.
 I evacuated for The Old Fire, stayed during The Slide Fire.

CatsMeow

• is a non-stop talker
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 12:47:28 pm »
Well, he had evacuated, so maybe once it dries, it's harder. I do know that they once chek'd the highway and it stayed pink for several months as it washed/wore off.

Potus Bigly

• is a non-stop talker
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 11:47:20 am »
Oh, I agree with you. Spray on.

Want something even weirder? Friend had his house cheked in the Wrightwood fire of a couple years or so ago. The insurance company wouldn't step up to pay to have it cleaned off (it doesn't just wash off.) Wouldn't it be cheaper to clean off phos-chek, than pay to rebuild a burnt out house? Dumb.

Ummm...Phos-chek is water soluble and it does just wash off.
 Get it wet, wait 20 minutes, rinse it off, repeat.
 The sooner you do it the better.
I have cleaned it up before with a pressure washer, no big deal.

CatsMeow

• is a non-stop talker
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 10:27:05 am »
Oh, I agree with you. Spray on.

Want something even weirder? Friend had his house cheked in the Wrightwood fire of a couple years or so ago. The insurance company wouldn't step up to pay to have it cleaned off (it doesn't just wash off.) Wouldn't it be cheaper to clean off phos-chek, than pay to rebuild a burnt out house? Dumb.

xoxo

• is a non-stop talker
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 07:55:24 am »
Best stuff they ever invented. Wonder when the California crazies will get it banned. ;)

I can't imagine it being banned but it always gets me in news articles after big fires where there's some guy complaining that he has to clean it off his roof. If you're close enough to the action that they need to Phos-Chek your house, you're lucky you still have a house.

Spray on, Great and Mighty Bird, spray on.

Potus Bigly

• is a non-stop talker
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 11:37:13 pm »
Red Scare.

CatsMeow

• is a non-stop talker
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 06:29:40 pm »
Best stuff they ever invented. Wonder when the California crazies will get it banned. ;)

xoxo

• is a non-stop talker
Oak Glen Fire
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2017, 04:45:02 pm »
I think this is the most spectacular photo of a Phos-Chek run I've ever seen.

http://www.pe.com/2017/11/29/fire-burning-off-oak-glen-road-prompts-shutdown-of-highway/

Trying to find updates but not much coming up. Glad it's not windy! That area seems to get more than its share of flamey events.